- 1 Plant-Based Cali’flour Pizza Crust
- Coconut oil cooking spray
- 1 medium sweet potato, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- ¼ c Vegan Pumpkin Cream*
- Sweet and healthy toppings of your choice such as crystallized ginger, chopped pecans, dried cranberries, pomegranate seeds white chia seeds, sprinkle of cinnamon
- Drizzle of honey
*Vegan Pumpkin Cream (makes about 2 cups)
- 2 ½ cups raw cashew pieces
- 1 c water
- ¾ c pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 t pumpkin pie spice
- ½ t ground cinnamon
- 2 t fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 2 T fresh orange juice, or to taste
- ¼ t orange zest
- ½ t sea salt, or to taste
Prepare Pizza Crust:
Pre-bake the Cali’flour Crust as instructed in an oven at 375-400 on a vented pizza pan, pizza screen, or on a non-stick cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for a minimum of 10 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 350. Line a baking tray with parchment. Place the sweet potato slices on the sheet and spray with cooking spray. Bake for about 20 minutes, until softened but still holding their shape. Remove from the oven.
Spread the cream over the crust then top with sweet potatoes and your choice of toppings. Serve and enjoy!
Preheat the oven to 300. Spread cashews onto a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes, until aromatic but not colored. Remove from the oven and cool. Place cashews in a blender (high-speed variety is optimal) with remaining ingredients. Blend until silky smooth, stopping to scrape the sides of the blender as needed. Taste and adjust seasonings with lemon juice, orange juice, and/or salt.