- ¼ c Cali’flour Crust (your prefered flavor) pulsed to crumbs
- 16 oz baby portabella mushrooms (stems removed and chopped)
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 4 roma tomatoes, seeded & diced
- 1 T fresh basil chopped
- 2 T toasted pine nuts
- ½ c shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ c grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Balsamic reduction
Preheat oven to 375. On the stovetop, warm oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add stems, onions, peppers, and garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and place ingredients in a bowl and allow to cool. Fold in basil, pine nuts, and mozzarella. Place lightly oiled mushroom caps on a baking sheet. Fill each with a generous amount of mixture. Sprinkle with Cali’crumbs and Parmesan. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until filling is hot and mushrooms begin to soften. Remove from oven.
Serve with a drizzle of balsamic reduction if desired. Enjoy!