- ½ c Cali’flour Foods Crust pulsed into crumbs (Original Italian or Sweet Red Pepper)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 2 c cauliflower rice
- 2 T extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 t dried oregano
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 large bell peppers, tops and cores removed
- ½ c shredded Monterey jack
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
Wash peppers, cut off stem tops, and remove seeds. Season peppers on the inside with salt and pepper. Set aside.
On stovetop, in a skillet, warm 2 T olive oil to med heat. Add onion and saute until slightly tender 2-3 min then add garlic for 1 min followed by ground turkey. Continue cooking until browned. Add oregano and salt and pepper to taste. Drain any excess fat. Add tomato sauce and cauliflower rice. Cook for 2 min, stirring frequently. Taste mixture and add any additional seasoning. Remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 375. Divide mixture between all 4 peppers. Place peppers in a deep baking dish. Cover with foil, bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and add Cali’flour crumbs and cheese on top of each pepper. Return to bake for additional 5-10 min, until peppers are fully cooked, cheese melted and crumbs slightly browned. Remove from oven. Serve and enjoy!