- 1 Plain Cali’flour Foods Pizza Crust
- ½ c ricotta cheese
- 1 T EVOO
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- ½ t red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 T heavy cream
- 2 T fresh chopped herbs (basil, rosemary, parsley, thyme)
- 6-8 thin asparagus stems trimmed
- 4-6 slices of prosciutto or thin ham
- ¼ c shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (optional garnish)
Prepare Pizza Crust:
Pre-bake the Cali’flour Crust as instructed in an oven at 375-400 on a vented pizza pan, pizza screen, or on a non-stick cookie sheet lined with parchment paper for 12-14 minutes. Remove from oven and let rest for a minimum of 10 minutes.
Combine ricotta, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, and heavy cream in a small bowl. Stir in fresh herbs (if using) and set aside. Bring a skillet half filled with lightly salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook uncovered until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain in a colander, then immediately immerse in ice water for several minutes. Once asparagus is cold, drain well and set aside.
On prepared crust, spread ricotta cheese mixture to edge, top with ham and asparagus. Sprinkle with cheese. Return to oven on high broil for 2-5 min to melt cheese. Remove and let rest. Garnish with additional herbs and Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve and enjoy!